Merida of Brave is beloved for being a different kind of princess--one who doesn't promote stereotypical beauty, passivity, and waiting for rescue from a prince. Instead, Merida tells girls: "It's okay to be strong, adventurous, spirited, and an individual. You can be amazing without the focus on beauty and romance.”
Brave is the labour of love of the amazing and very talented Oscar wining director Brenda Chapman. Brenda’s work is crucial to our mission. Brenda has redefined princess and by doing so also expanded the definition of girlhood and inspired girls across the globe to be their own hero.
I am delighted to announce that Brenda Chapman has backed our crowdfunding campaign, getting us closer to achieving our goal. We are so honoured to have the support of this amazing shehero that at the top of her craft is making a huge positive contribution to the dreams and aspirations of girls everywhere.
On behalf of The Brave girls Alliance, I want to thank Brenda Chapman for her support. We are grateful and encouraged to pursue our goal, and more determined than ever to make it happen.
I ask our amazing and very supportive community to continue to work hard to make it happen, we have 8 days to achieve our goal and we need all the help we can get to make it happen.
Here is how you can support us:
1) Please back this campaign, no amount is too little.
2) Please write to your friends and family and ask them to contribute. Tell them why this is important for you personally.
3) Please post the campaign on an ongoing basis to your social media channels such as facebook, twitter, pinterest and google +
4) Please do share the blogs and videos that are created by our allies to promote this campaign. I will continue to share them here on an ongoing basis.
5) Please create your own blogs or videos about the campaign, we will be proud to share them with all our communities.
6) Please use our hashtag #BraveGirlsWant on facebook and twitter to express your voice and ask media producers, retailers and big corporations for better media and toys for our girls.
7) Please contact likeminded businesses and organizations that may be able to sponsor this initiative.
We can do this!
Inês Almeida on behalf of The Brave Girls Alliance